Open Studio Wheel Reservations - $25
Open Studio Wheel Reservations are recommended for people who have previous experience on the pottery wheel. (Or someone in the party who does and is willing to help those who have not.) This reservation does not include any instruction.
What is included:
- Two (2) hour reservation on one pottery wheel. (This must include 15 minutes for clean up.)
- 5 lbs. of earthenware clay
- $5 firing fee credit. (This will cover the firing of one small to medium piece.) Firing fees for additional pieces must be paid that day or they will not be kept.
- A 30 minute trimming appointment is included if you would like to trim your piece. This appointment must be made on the day of your wheel reservation, be within 7 days of your wheel reservation, and can not be rescheduled.
- Firing fee credits and clay included with a non-membership reservation are good for a single session only and are not transferrable to any future reservations.
- Once your piece has been bisque fired, you will be notified by text. You will have 60 days to come in and paint your piece or take it home to bring in to paint at your convenience in the future.
The Clay Room Memberships - $45/month
Memberships are recommended for potters with previous experience on the pottery wheel and who would like to join a supportive community studio.
What is included:
- Eight (8) two-hour pottery wheel reservations per month, with unlimited time for glazing.
- Personal storage space (18" x 24")
- Use of studio tools.
- A $25 firing credit to have pieces fired and glazed.
- Invitations to free workshops throughout the year to expand your skillset.
Terms and Conditions:
- We use an online reservation system to ensure that we are not exceeding a room's occupancy, and everyone is confident that there will be a wheel available when they come into the studio.
- There is an app if you would like to use it for sign ups. You can download it through your confirmation email. Once you have downloaded it, this PDF explains how to book your wheel time using it.
- As a member, you are welcome to use of our tools and supplies that are in the public bins. We ask that you respect the tools and if something is broken, please let us know so that we can replace it.
- Everyone is expected to clean up their space completely within their 2-hour time slot and leave it ready for the next member! If a space is left unclean, we will issue a written reminder of the cleaning procedures, and then there will be a $10 cleaning fee if the staff is required to clean up after a member.
- Membership does not include any formal instruction, but we occasionally have instructors or moderators in the room who can answer basic questions.
- Two mornings a week, we will open reservations beginning at 10 a.m. rather than our usual opening time at noon.
- We carry earthenware clay and recommend it for all beginners.
*Pricing: $20/25 lbs.
- We carry a minimum of two mid-range stoneware clay bodies.
*Pricing: $24/25 lbs.
- We often have mid range porcelain as well.
*Pricing: $30/25 lbs.
- Before glazing and firing stoneware pieces in the studio, we require a scheduled glazing orientation with one of our instructors.
- *Prices subject to change without written notice. (But we will do our best to keep this up to date :)
- Masks must be worn.
- Please sanitize any tools that you have used prior to putting them back into the public tool bins.
- Please honor your reservation time and factor in cleaning time. This ensures that we do not overcrowd the space.
- Be mindful of others' workspace and respectful of social distancing.
- All your works in progress, personal supplies and finished ware must be stored in your storage space. We are not responsible for anything that is lost or stolen. If you run out of space, we recommend upgrading your membership, and a staff member can pro-rate that for you.
- All finished pieces need to be marked with your "Maker's Mark". This identifying mark should be consistent with the label on your shelf and the master members list.
- When a work is finished and ready to be fired, you will need to bring it to our staff to be measured and logged against your available firing credits in order to have it fired. (See Firing Pieces for pricing details)
- Un-labeled works in progress that are left in the general area for more than 24 hours will be recycled without notice or compensation.
- We recommend labeling personal tools so that we may return them to your shelf if found in the studio.
- Firing fees include the bisque firing, the glaze and the glaze firing. The glazing and the glaze firing are not limited to the membership time frame. For example, you can cancel your membership and clear your shelf but still have pieces to be bisque fired and glazed.
- Firing Fees are determined by the height and width of a piece. We have a minimum firing fee of $5 and a minimum piece size of 1" across the bottom.
- Once a piece has been logged within a membership month, it is considered a part of that month's firings, even if it is not fired within the membership month. This means that if you log a piece on the 30th of March, it will be charged in the month of March even if it is not actually fired until the 5th of April.
- We run a bisque kiln approximately every 2 weeks depending on how busy the studio is. We will run the kiln as soon as we have a full kiln load. Earthenware glaze runs are done weekly, and Stoneware glaze runs are approximately every 2 - 3 weeks.
- We will only load items that are thoroughly dry. If you pieces requires more drying time, we will err on the side of caution and wait until the next firing.
- Fired pieces will be returned to the member's shelf, any unmarked pieces are stored for 14 days on a shelf for unidentified pieces, please look there if you are missing any pieces. If your membership is no longer active, we will notify you that you have pieces ready and hold them for 14 days.
- Firing credits are good for the active month's membership only and do not roll over.
- By signing up for a membership it is understood that the member has read the information here (click here for a PDF copy) and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- Memberships are auto renewed on a monthly basis, but can be cancelled at any time. It is the member's responsibility to cancel their membership prior to renewal.
- When members join, they are given a code to use with our online reservation system to reserve their wheel. Their wheel reservations will renew every month. See instructions for using your reservations here.
- Cancelling is easy! Just use the "Change or Cancel Subscription" Button in your confirmation e-mail or in the app.
- You can also text us at 475-209-2576: This requires 48 hours notice prior to your next renewal date. We cannot guarantee that we can stop renewal with less notice. Please include your name, confirm that you would like to cancel and the date of renewal.
- Once a membership has been renewed for that month, it is non-refundable. We highly recommend adding a reminder to your calendar if you anticipate cancelling in a certain month.
- You can cancel prior to the renewal date and still have access to your membership for the remainder of the paid for month.