The 7th Annual Event
When: September 8th @ 6 p.m.
(If you have done this before, feel free to come in earlier.)
For Whom: Ages 10 and up. Carving on wet clay can be tricky and we highly recommend simple designs for children ages 10-13.
In order to reserve your pumpkin(s) we do require a non-refundable deposit for each one. Please scroll down to our FAQs below the pumpkin selections.
Also, WATCH us carve a ceramic pumpkin with lots of tips and tricks for a successful carving.
The Reservation button is below the FAQs!
Choose Your Pumpkin
All Pumpkins have a limited availability and are sold on a first come first serve basis.
12" Circumference, 3.5" Height
1.5" H x 3.5" W carving area
Makes a beautiful traditional jack-o-lantern or up to 3 letters
6 Available, 2 Sold $6 deposit
15.5" Circumference, 4.5" Height
3" H x 5" W carving area
A simple design or small word works best on this pumpkin.
8 Available $8 deposit
24"" Circumference, 8" Height
4" H x 5" W carving area
Great for a Face with a word in the grin or more complex designs
8 Available, $10 deposit
19.25" Circumference, 6.5 Height
3.5" H x 5.5" W carving area
Great for simpler designs and jack-o-lanterns
4 Available, 4 Sold, $10 deposit
21" Circumference, 8" Height
5.5" H x 5.5" W carving area
Excellent for designs that have more height than width
8 Available, $12 deposit
32.5" Circumference, 5.5" Height
5" H x 9" W carving area
Any design will work with all the room available on this pumpkin
8 Available, $15 deposit
Why are there only a limited number of pumpkins available?
In order for the pumpkins to stay wet enough to carve, we have to have them stored carefully and check on them frequently. We use plaster molds and liquid clay to mold the pumpkins and the molds become saturated and need time to dry between pourings. This means that we can only pour a limited amount of pieces and keep them in carving condition prior to the event. We start pouring 2-3 weeks ahead of the event.
What if my pumpkin breaks while I am carving it?
Un-fired ceramics are very fragile. If your pumpkin breaks while you are carving it, we will do our best to repair it. If we can not repair it, we do have a limited quantity of back-up pumpkins. We do not guarantee that we will have an exact replacement, and may need to have you return after we pour a replacement. If you decide that you do not want a replacement, we will only charge the deposit amount for the piece.
What if my younger child would like to participate?
You are welcome to bring your young child to the event and have them paint a finished ceramic piece while you carve a pumpkin. If you would like them to also carve a pumpkin, please read the following before putting a deposit down on a pumpkin for them!
We want every participant to have a great time and finish with a great product. We have set the age limit because wet ceramics are extremely fragile and will break if they are not carved with finesse. We use very sharp Exacto knives to carve the clay. If you would like your young child to participate, you are assuming responsibility for any injuries that may occur and for the broken pumpkin.
Can I have you carve a Custom Pumpkin for me?
Yes, we are happy to carve a custom design for you. We will need to see your design to determine the amount of labor involved. We only do quotes in person or via email. You can contact us at email@example.com
All Deposits are Non-Refundable!
A No Call – No Show will result in a forfeiture of the deposit.
We can offer you several options if you have paid the deposit and are able to notify us 24 hours prior that you won’t be able to make it to the event.
- If you would like to cancel all together, we can offer your pumpkin back up for sale on the website and at the event. If we are able to sell it, we will refund your money in the form of a studio gift card. If we are unable to sell it, you can choose from options 2 and 3.
- If you are unable to make the event but would still like to carve your pumpkin, you can pay the remaining balance and we will hold your pumpkin for you. You can come in anytime during open studio hours and carve your pumpkin through October 7th. The longer the pumpkin sits, the more it dries out and the harder it will be to carve. After the 7th of October, it is very likely that you will not be able to carve your pumpkin.
- If you would like the pumpkin but do not think you will be able to carve it yourself, you can choose from the following two options:
- Pay the remaining balance and we will fire the pumpkin uncarved and have it ready for your to come in and paint within 60 days.
- Order custom carving on the pumpkin plus the custom fee. (fee is determined based on the desired design.)